Monday, May 26, 2014

Finding inspiration in your journey (non-celebs)

We all need someone to look up to for motivation and inspiration. As young black women, our potential role models are limited to risque, hyper-sexualized entertainers such as Beyonce or Rihanna. Not bashing those two as I like their music (sometimes) but they don't come across classy at all and send across a wrong message to young girls.

There are quite a few Black women I've discovered here on the internet that I look to for style, lifestyle and general inspiration. All beautiful black women!

TheLuxeBabe
She's a gorgeous, well spoken woman with a tall model-like figure and such classy style! Not only that but she is educated, speaks multiple languages and is happily married. I think she's from Germany but I could be wrong. She has a love for cosmetics (like me) but doesn't over do it and apply it heavily like a drag queen like some other sisters on youtube do. TheLuxeBabe is a good role model for women who value elegance and grace.

Shirley B. Eniang

Shirley is a fashion blogger/vlogger from the UK. Isn't her accent adorable? I adore her style of dress because it's classy but also youthful, hip and sexy! She doesn't over do it on the makeup either and maintains a healthy lifestyle with healthy eating and exercise. Her figure is to die for and she is also educated! She is a breath of fresh air.

Derin (http://wonders-of-beauty.blogspot.com/)
Derin is a blogger from the UK. Her smooth dark skin and taste in makeup is what made me subscribe. Her hair extensions look realistic and well maintained and from the comment section of her posts, she is a sweetheart.

If there are any bloggers/vloggers/youtube women that you think represent a feminine, classy young Black woman, please leave their info in the comments. I would love to hear from you all!

5 comments:

  1. I recommend the blog Think and Grow Chick, she writes about finance, beauty, health, entrepeneurship, and self-improvement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I subscribed! Thanks for the recommendation. Her blog is great!

      Delete
  2. I love the Luxe babe(her voice is so calming & soothing) plus she seems to have such a warm heart. Also love Shirley, her class is sophisticated and classic. I have to check out Derin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, theluxebabe does seem like a sweetheart. I can see us being best friends lol

      Delete
  3. I have another blog I would like to add, the name of it is Relaxed Hair Health. The blogger's name is Nadege and she writes about relaxed hair, setting and completing goals, skin care tips, and living a wonderful lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete