Thursday, December 18, 2014

Feminine hobbies

I have compiled a list of hobbies for those of you who are looking for something fun to fill up your spare time.


  • soap making

  • flower arranging

  • cooking/baking


  • gardening


  • painting

  • language learning

  • reading and writing


  • playing an instrument

  • dancing

  • sewing/crocheting


  • singing

  • interior designing


Hobbies are important because they give you something to look forward to and feel good. Feminine hobbies are important for harnessing your femininity and creativity. You can take any of the hobbies above and make it an outlet for stress, sadness, happiness, hope, joy. etc.

My favorite hobbies are sewing and gardening because I feel that they are both vintage and it makes me feel extra lady like :) I put on some soft music and I can sew/garden for hours! Plus when you find something you are passionate about, you yearn for improvement and seek knowledge about the subject. For instance after I grew my first tomato vine, I wanted to grow more types of tomatoes and now I have 13!

What are your favorite hobbies?

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget sewing! It's also a great hobby to make beautiful feminine clothes that are just so hard to find given what's "in style" these days.

    I like your blog! It's nice to see a BW online space that isn't focusing on what BM or other people have to say about us. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh silly me, you did include sewing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I went back to read this post. I've just realized that I use the Internet to cure my boredom and all it does is cause me to be anxious and to lose chunks of time, thinking that I'm being productive. Plus, if I take up a hobby it'll help me to become a more well rounded person. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of the hobbies you listed are what society considers female type hobbies and I think that is wonderful, because not only do I like deemed male hobbies such as carpentry, home renovations, I also like female type hobbies. You know what many of the hobbies you listed can be done by both sexes. I am a female and I will be doing some of the hobbies listed along with basic carpentry. Very good and well needed article, because too many black women have too much time on their hands which is why far too many of us find time to watch garbage tv and gossip. Keep up the good work with these solution oriented articles, you are on the right track.

    Forward Thinking Black Female

    ReplyDelete