Sunday, November 1, 2015

Black owned beauty companies

Here is a list of beauty companies I know of. This is the perfect time to check them out since the holidays are coming up! You can add it to your Christmas wishlist or buy some for your loved ones :) I added stars next to the ones I've personally used and endorse. If you know of more, leave a comment and I'll add it. I may even put this last as a sidebar on the blog.


Hair:
darcy's botanicals*
oyin handmade*
shea moisture*
dudley hair care
jane carter solutions
ohemet biologics
komaza hair care*
bee mine
products of the earth

Skin:
dermHA
Vienna's Herbal
Warm Spirit
Skin Salon Gold
Rx for Brown Skin*
Clear Essence
Soul Purpose
Emily Jayne (butters)
Belle Butters

Cosmetics:
iman*
fashion fair*
black opal*
ada cosmetics
shany
lamik
vera moore cosmetics*** (my fav!)

blackup*

3 comments:

  1. Camille Rose Naturals is another hair care company owned by a black woman. Here is an article about her.

    http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/success-mompreneur-mastermind-behind-camille-rose-naturals/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I have been lurking on your blog for a few weeks now. I love what you are doing here. Thank you very much for creating this blog!

    I also wanted to mention the possibility that blackup cosmetics is no longer black owned. I saw a few articles after googling blackup cosmetics. It is a shame because they have such lovely products for so many different shades


    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eliza, I just found out this morning! I had no idea that the creator of Black Up Cosmetics had been reduced to a mere employee, had his profit percentage decreased from 40% to 3% and eventually booted out of the company! It breaks my heart :(

      Delete